Casa de Pilatos

PLaza de Pilatos, 1
Telf.: 954 22 52 98

Schedule: Every day of 9:00 to 18:00

The sumptuous palace known as Casa de Pilatos was built by FadriqueEnríquez de Ribera on his return from Jerusalem in 1519. Many of thearchitectural features of this impressive house were imported fromGenoa, including the entrance portico and the columns and fountain inthe main courtyard built by Antonio María Aprile de Carona and PaceGazini.

Casa de PilatosThe sumptuous palace known as Casa de Pilatos was built by FadriqueEnríquez de Ribera on his return from Jerusalem in 1519. Many of thearchitectural features of this impressive house were imported fromGenoa, including the entrance portico and the columns and fountain inthe main courtyard built by Antonio María Aprile de Carona and PaceGazini. The courtyard features a collection of twenty-four busts ofRoman emperors and busts of Charles V and Cicero. The beautiful dec-orative tilework is by the Polido brothers, carried out between 1535 and1538. A staircase covered by a wooden dome with an intricate inter-laced design by Cristóbal Sánchez leads to the upper floor.